Maidford is a small, compact village in South West Northamptonshire, approximately 8 miles from Daventry and 7 miles from Towcester and is on the former main road between Northampton and Banbury. Maidford covers an area of approximately 1050 acres and is designated as a conservation village.
Maidford consists of basically 3 lanes (with 6 names between them).
The main thoroughfare thro Maidford is Longwell which changes its name to Townsend in the midle of the village.
On the right hand side is the "Old Rectory" where a number of medieval fish ponds are visible, but the core of the village is located on the opposite side of the road.
but there are a few examples of 19th century red brick, notably the Wesleyan Chapel of 1858.
On the East side of the Village is Church lane and New Road.
On Church lane stands the 11th Century Church of St Peter & St Paul and what used to be the village school but is now the Village Hall.
New Road was is a small assortment of houses and bungalows built around the 1960’s
But for such a small village - A lot goes on
Chapel Lane and King Street on its West side flanked by ironstone buildings. The majority of the older buildings in Maidford are built of the local coursed ironstone with steeply pitched roofs in slate or tile,